The American Radiohead

 

We continue...


Split Personalities (1998)


In general when I've posted stuff I've tried to avoid putting up things that were released on major labels because I don't want to draw attention to this weird gray area I occupy posting out of print material into the aether.

But this has been out of print for nearly 20 years with no likely reissue in sight. Copies can be had for under five bucks. (which I recommend.) And damn it, it should be listened to and reconsidered.

It's the major label debut of 12 Rods. Self recorded and produced. Never available on vinyl.
Well received at the time and long since forgotten.

But damn, I can listen to this over and over.

"Red" and "Make-Out" music make the transition from "Gay?" for another go. (the latter of which should have been the second single after the title track.)







Contemporary video evidence shows what a monster the original drummer was.


What's not to love?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost