Cha Cha Cha Dance the Night Away

 

The cat is hungry and is doing the sitting on the table beside the desk and staring, but not staring at me thing. 

I also kind of want another cup of coffee.

Maybe I just type less.

 


2000 -  Dance 'til your Baby is a Man

 

The album kicks off with the song "Unicorns" which is a sad tale of sexual dysfunction.

(Remember the "Mezcal" single cover?) 

 

The whole thing is otherwise all minor chords and sad tales of longing and sexual frustration. 

I feel like I've lived a lot of this album.

It ends with a song called "Little Leaning Tower" which bookends things. (though locally Leaning Tower is also the name of a pizza place in South Minneapolis which has a small bar that lots of people misspent their time at.)

But I especially like the slow ballad "Cha Cha Cha" on this one.

"... It's time to wow the two 

giggly girls you've seen in your classes

One is named Kitten. And one has cat's glasses..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost