Title

 

10:20pm.

Typing. Listening. Thinking I really ought to be going through and working on the most recent arrivals to the vinyl collection. 

Not doing it. I also have a bunch of things I want to scan.

Not doing that either. 

This is me procrastinating. 

You're welcome

 

 

American Paint (1998)


If there's one thing you could do in Minneapolis at one point is throw a rock in any direction and hit either a loud AmRep type band or a Roots Rock band.

So here's the first album by American Paint.

Here's what they looked like playing at Bunkers, a club that I've only frequented a handful of times in the last few decades.



I had no idea that they existed. Roots rock was pretty far out of my wheelhouse. I don't remember the name. I don't think I ever encountered this band even accidentally on a Tuesday night at the Uptown Bar and Grill.

But here they are.

It's a fine example of its genre and hews pretty close to its core elements, but definitely leans a bit harder on the rock side of the equation.
It's an earnest record.

This is their first album but the second one I found and I actually haven't really listened to it as much at this point.

I don't know how I feel about it quite yet.
You tell me.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost