So Glad It's Over

 

New Year's Eve.

Good Riddance 2020

Hopefully we're not going to spend 2021 looking back at the Quarantine Year as a wonderful idyllic moment in history compared to the terrible shitshow that is the upcoming year.

But I'm a glass empty kind of guy.

 


2001 - Simon Reverie 


This band is an almost complete mystery.

And I say "almost" because I did actually see them once. My band at the time played with them one probably Thursday night at Sursumcorda. Probably in late fall or winter. (I seem to remember it was chilly.) The guitar player liked us and gave me this disc which was nice of him. I was too clueless to try and set up more shows with them down the line and they were swallowed by the mists of obscurity very soon after. (My band didn't last much more than a year after that either.)


So this disc kind of sat around in my house unnoticed for quite a few number of years until I finally undertook the monumental task of ripping all of my compact discs so I could listen to them on my phone in the car.

I have to say I appreciate this much more than I would have at the time.

There was a pretty solid underground of shoegaze type bands running through the Twin Cities throughout the 90s and into the beginning of this century. 

Simon Reverie would fit in at the tail end of that. Loud heavily distorted guitar with some lovely female vocals floating over the din.

There's no google info. Nobody seems to have gone onto other projects that I know about. They appeared, recorded this, played a few shows and disappeared.

So what that would imply is that this might be your only opportunity to hear this.

Take that into consideration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost