I Forgot to Title This

 

This is the last of the Superhopper posts which buys me another few weeks to recover and get up the energy to post more Minnesota music stuff which I've been gathering at such a scary rate lately that I barely have the time to listen to half of it.

And then for every band I find or rediscover there's four more related bands to track down. It's been a small but really active scene forever. It's like a bottomless musical pit.

You have been warned.

I want some tea.

 


  2006 - Party Killers


The Superhopper swan song and it's a fucking monster built on touring and drinking and all the stuff that tightens up a good band even as it's approaching the end it doesn't quite know is coming sooner than later.

But if I were to play you a single song by Superhopper that summed up them up in under three minutes it would have to be "The Eye of the Tiger Applies to Everything" It's truly the way victory sounds.

But the album is a bit of lost classic, or at least it is to me. From "Kermit Hates Music" on down, no filler.

I have no regrets that I've spent a few hours of my night listening to these as I banged together this quartet of half assed rambling posts.

 Even Pop Matters gave it a qualified rave. (though they weren't actually a Minneapolis band, but proudly a St Paul one which is important to note that since there's a weird amiable rivalry between the Twin Cities)

And there you have it. Superhopper.

Play this loud.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost