Fixed It.

 
Nevermind.

I fixed it before you even noticed.



1997 - Tomorrow is Today


So a while back I had to fly to Central fucking Florida to help with cleaning up my late mother's estate.

 If I never have to go back to fucking Florida ever again I will not miss it. Not my kind of place. 

Plus I went to like half a dozen record stores throughout like a 30 mile radius (because nothing is ever close) and only found one that was worth a shit, Tonevendor in St. Augustine.

All of which is a roundabout way to get to this. I'm browsing through the stacks as one does and perusing the selections up on the wall where the good stuff and big ticket items are usually displayed and to my surprise I see that  this obscure Minneapolis shoegaze album by February reissued as a two lp set on vinyl. (if you are so inclined to vinyl Saint Marie Records put it out in 2016. It was initially released solely on compact disc) 

This is a great fucking album.

It expands on the previous effort with a lot more attention to the crafting of songs to go with the echo and chorus. The sound palate is expanded. This is the Minneapolis shoegaze/dreampop record you didn't know you needed.

Look in that jacket again.
You're gonna need it.

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. Cleaning a family member's estate is no fun. My dad and I emptied out his late brother's apartment, which was deeply depressing. OTOH, he had some Blue Note first pressings and (for reasons I will never understand) several CD's by Jedi Mind Tricks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost