Looking at my Shoelaces

 

Blah Blah Blah.

Hungry and there are pork chops to be had in the other room

 


 1996 - Even the Night Can't Tell You From a Star


February. Ethereal Dreampop/ Shoegaze


There was apparently in an alternate music scene in the Twin Cities from the one I frequented throughout the middle '90s that was all about the shoegaze. I was miles away from this, but appreciate it now in hindsight.

I don't think I ever came across February in the wild. I would have hated it then anyway, pretentious twat I was at the time. (Still a twat, just less pretentious about it)

But it's some very sweet female fronted stuff that would probably go well with some X. (Check the pockets of that jacket you haven't worn in like 25 years.) 

"That Girl" is the hit, but I'm like that. 


And just to date it, the final and title track is one of those things where the song itself happens and then there's like a four minute gap and then the "hidden track" happens. In this case it appears to be close to twenty minutes of guitarscape sounds.

(I keep coming across so many of these "hidden tracks" on older discs lately that I just find them especially annoying. Really not conducive to the listening experience.)

And because you're a benevolent soul you might feel inclined to go and get a legit DL of this album from the band's Bandcamp Page which also has their two cassette only releases available for a buck a song.


Comments

  1. Awesome! A new dream pop/shoegaze band from the 90s I've never heard of. What a great way to kick off my week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. February is going to be a good month for you then.

      (Which I hope will tide you over until I can get a batch of 7 inches digitized for even more.)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost