Winter Doldrums

 

I'm feeling particularly unmotivated as of late. It's midwinter. It's cold. It's dark. I work nights and seldom see daylight. I'm back to work post-COVID. Everything just seems to require more actual effort than I feel personally up to currently expending.

But here I am anyway.

Lucky you.

 

1995 - Soundbull

I know without going and actually searching it out because I'm lazy and unmotivated that the Balloon Guy singles were among the first things I posted on the original flavor Swinging Singles Club and invite you to hunt them down for yourself. It was six years ago. December.

Anyway. Here's their first foray into the digital compact disc realm and one of those nebulous objects that falls somewhere in between the concept of an elongated play and a full length album.

It's seven songs and the final independently released artifact.
More buzzy quirk full of dead ends and lyrical mysteries.
"I am Punch" is my pick.

They were simply too pretty for this world.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost