Big Packages

 

I got some big packages of music in the mail this week. Lots of cheap compact discs and plenty more 7"s to add to the ever growing pile in front of the turntable that I will get back to some day. Midwinter doldrums hit hard, my friend.

In the meantime while I rip a large stack of Cds in another window have a compilation of what the fuck was happening in Minneapolis in and around 1995.

 

 


Minnesota Modern Rock: the Pachyderm Sessions (1995)


Discogs has the track list because I'm too lazy to type it out.

But if you look at the picture there are some names you should recognize if you're into that sort of thing from that time. Less familiar names may or may not be forthcoming in future posts. And some already had stuff posted on regular flavor Swinging Singles Club if you want to hunt around for your favorites. There's plenty to love from Big Star aficionados Rex Daisy to Milk to Big Red Ball.


But the one thing that links the recordings here as released by long gone alternative radio station 93.7 the Edge is that they were recorded at Cannon Falls recording destination Pachyderm Studios which is someplace that I seriously doubt I'll personally ever see the inside of, but I hear it's quite nice.

 (Well, except for the live Soul Asylum track which is awesome I suppose if you're a Soul Asylum completist,  I'm not going to judge. You do you.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost