The Pains of Being and Obsessive Record Collector

 

So we're gonna have to move in a couple months. 

It's kind of long overdue, but we've been here like 17 years or something and there's a lot more shit in this place than there was or needs to be. So tonight I started going through the dustier parts of my office record room. I need a second shower, but I found a bunch of shit I forgot I had.


In the end I made a small pile of shirts I haven't worn in years and don't think I'll have much cause to in the future as well as cleared out some shelf space and started a heavy trash bag of junk which is only going to get worse once I hit the desk drawers.
I'm hoping that if I devote a couple hours a few days a week I can cut the clutter down before the boxing and have the process well in hand by moving day.
I'm an optimist.

This is of course has nothing to do with the title of today's post.

Today I had intended to talk about the problem I have with not having complete discographies for some of the local crap I want to post and that it holds me up with indecision. Do I post what I have and add the rest if and when I get it or hold out that I will find that elusive tidbit?

It's a noodle scratcher.

Anyway, here's National Dynamite



Give It Up For (1996)


I bought this blind. I don't regret it.
It's some fine ass pop rock.
There's some definite Big Star DNA in all of this starting with the first real track "Sister Lovers".

It really steals pretty blatantly from all the usual classic pop rock places, but works.

I mean, is it going to change your life?  Highly unlikely, but I don't think that spending 45 minutes with some well crafted pop songs is going to ruin most anybody's day.

It's a nice record. You should give it a listen. It even takes two songs with naughty words and gives you radio edits you can play for your grandma.

I don't know, I'm hungry again and need to rinse off years of dust and nostalgia.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost