A Weird Trend from the Start of the Century

 

At the beginning of this century there was a number of Twin Cities bands that were as much about dressing up and being as tongue in cheek as they were about music. I had arguments with bandmates at the time because I wanted to concentrate on playing music, not dressing up in campy matching outfits. It got very contentious. (My compromise was that I'd always appear onstage as if I were meeting their parents for the first time.)

Overall it was a very silly time in a very silly place.

Here's one of those other bands.


Pop It In (2000)


Fizzy Lifter.

They sound like the name. Kind of silly. Sweet. A little bit of funk, a little pop. Something you could have slipped into a party playlist way back in the day.

I mean, you could probably still do it, I'm sure it counts as retro...

The Cd also has a really silly video of the band which I'd found on Youtube a while back, but since their search engine is complete fucking garbage and can't find stuff even if you were punch in the exact actual title of a video I can't link it here.

I'll leave that to you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost