Getting Ahead of the Game


It's a rainy Sunday at the beginning of the month and I didn't sleep nearly enough, but I've got a shit ton of stuff that needs to happen sooner than later. Like packing up the house and clearing away as much of the detritus we've accumulated by living in the same place for the last seventeen years.

I actually look forward to divesting us from so much stupid shit. It's the process of weeding out that seems daunting and overwhelming. It's that standing in the middle of the room and looking around at all of the stuff and not knowing where to start feeling.

I think tonight is a clean out some drawers of junk and ruthlessly tossing a bunch of shit out that I haven't touched in the last five to ten years. If I haven't had a use for it in that time then it needs to fucking go.

I also need to get the massive piles of recent purchase compact discs filed appropriately so that when it comes time to pack them up I won't have a massive jumble of discs and not be able to find anything. (not that I really can right now anyway. It's all ripped on a easily searchable 2T hard drive anyway which is backed up on a separate 3T drive.)

Then there's a couple months of laundry that needs doing. That's an ongoing chore. I can't do it in the middle of the night when I'm up and she doesn't want to disturb my sleeping during the day. So it piles up.

And so here we are. My intention is to get a few posts ahead right now so that I don't have this also hanging over my head while we're neck deep in moving shit.

And with that here's the first of several posts involving a band that called itself Mollycuddle.


Non-Fiction (1997)


Mollycuddle.

Indiepop/Indie rock from the end of the last century with boy/girl vocals.
One local writer described them as "cranky dreampop"

I'm not going to argue with that assessment.

(I kind of mentally get them a bit mixed up with their contemporaries Lily Liver who I've posted previously. They both mine the same sort of sonic turf and I enjoy them both quite a bit.)

But they are their own entity and this is their first full length.

I need to check the laundry now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost