I Need Some Good Stuff to Happen

 So yeah, 

April was a shitty month. Work has been extra stressful. We're always running short and business is picking up steadily so we're all covering what might be a big assignment for two or three people.

People are quitting and everybody is too burnt to pick up extra shifts no matter how many bonuses they throw at them. I'm a .9 so picking up is too much on top of my regular hours and much shittier when I know I'd be walking into a shitshow.

And then on top of all of that shit I had two different good, long standing and significant friends die within four days of one another.

So yeah, April was a shitty month.

And I could use some nice karmic balance to happen.

Here's some OOP Low

I Could Live in Hope (1994)


Low.

Easily Duluth, Minnesota's most beloved export to the world. The band that plays slowly and deliberately.
I've only seen them once. It was at an outdoor event with then Senator Al Franken in a park less than a mile from where we were living. It was really pretty amazing.

I have to say that I'm less enthused by some of the earlier records. At least not in one sitting. I get tempo fatigue pretty easily. The same speed, slow or fast and I start getting a bit bored after a pretty short time. I become much more a Low fan around "Trust" (give or take) when they start expanding their sonic palette a bit more and crank the occasional tune up to a blistering midtempo stomper.

Be that as it may, I was local music shopping recently and came across a copy of this first release on Vernon Yard (a subsidiary of Virgin records) and when I went to check if I already had a copy (I didn't) saw that it's long out of print, hard to find and going for way too much money on Discogs with some people online lamenting it's out of print status and a lack of even decent rips to be found.

That's just silly.

Here's a nice 320K rip.

Enjoy with a hushed reverence.


Comments

  1. I thought my 2021 was rough... Man, I'm so sorry to hear about your friends passing. I've been separated from most of my friends by geography and circumstance for several years now, and I'm terrified of getting word that one of my life-long buddies is no longer with me. I can only imagine how sad you must be.

    I love your blogs. I love your writing. I'm discovering new music thanks to your efforts. Hang in there. Hopefully things will turn around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a stressful year. We're muddling through. I kind of dread the calm after the move when I'll have time for it all to wash over me. But it's a process and the older you get the more dead people you know. It's just how it is.

    I'm still considering splintering off into a third blog though. Consider another hard drive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost