Last Post for Tonight

 I'm going to do a little work after I hit post on this one



Other's Parts (2007)


Electric violin, Electric cello, a drummer and lovely female vocals.
 

Different? Yes.
A little pretentious? Maybe a bit

But it works.

Certainly much more than the truly awful cover art would suggest. 

Good lord, what were they thinking...?

They're going to be a slightly harder sell as an unconventional band, but one can't help but wonder if better art direction could have helped sell the disc and gotten them on a nice artsy label and another album or two.

But that's all speculation and hindsight. Decisions were made and so was history.

The cellist used to play in the string quartet that had a regular Sunday Brunch gig at the rather infamous Cafe I worked at for couple of years back in the 90s. Nice dude.


Something from this oddly enough played while I was making a pizza tonight (Caramelized onions & artichoke hearts with a simple homemade pizza sauce. Fucking delicious.)

Own had just come up in a conversation with the wife sometime in the past couple of days. I think it was something involving bands with cello parts. I told her she would like this disc.

I was not wrong.

She quite liked it.


You may as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost