Buying Myself Some Time

 

So it appears that I severely underestimated the number of those folding Lp boxes I'm gonna need for this move. By about half a dozen. I just got my ratios mixed up. Five boxes covered about three and a half shelves. I have two and a third to go. If I was good at math I could work it out, but I'm too frazzled and stressed to really want to think about it and I got up too late today to hit the liquor store for a box of stress relieving juice.

So here I am.

With nothing else to do currently because the tape roll is too loud when I'm packing up boxes and wakes the wife up, I'm just going to by myself a little extra time in the future at the new place to get my lazy ass settled in and figure out where all my shit is and in what fucking order it's in and who's the dumbass who packed all this stuff up this way. What a fucking moron that guy was....

So I think I'm going to end up with a baker's dozen of Lp boxes to go with a like number of Cd boxes and the previous seventeen boxes stuffed with seven inches.

I mean, it looks somewhat like I've got a collecting problem. But it makes me happy and I'm certainly not losing money on the stuff I've gotten, so there is that. However when I'm putting it all in individual boxes and lifting them up and moving them my middle aged back wonders if it's really worth it.
Time will tell and there's gonna be a few really happy people when I drop dead and my collection gets undersold and spread to the winds.

Anyway. Pissing and moaning isn't why I'm here right now. It's kind of a side deal. An extra, if you will. 

You're welcome.

Here's the Ultrasonics.



Supernatural (1994)


(Hmmm... Looks like I forgot to transfer my scans from the other computer. Oh well, this is one off the WWW.)

This is one of a number of bands featuring the work of the musician known as Terry Eason. (Go over and give him some of your hard earned. He's been doing this a long fucking time.)

It's a little pop, a little psych, a splash of indie and all rock and roll.

The song "Supernatural" is fucking hell of a lot better than the Santana thing which made radio so awful for a while back in the day. I personally find the flip "Stone's Throw" to be my preferred listening. It reminds me a bit something halfway between Dinosaur, jr and Bevis Frond.

That's a recommendation if you ever needed one.


Shooting Time (1995)


So this particular outfit managed just the one feature length. This is it.
It's a lot more straight ahead pop oriented than the previous single if you're into that sort of thing.

I am anyway. And it's my blog so here it is.

On the previous noted link to Terry Eason's Bandcamp page this is available, but he's resequenced, shortened and changed one song out for an alternate version.

Here's your opportunity to hear it in its original unmolested form that seemed like the very thing back in the day.

I don't believe in second guesses in hindsight. I tend to live with my poor musical decisions. But then very few people have ever endured them. 

You're welcome on both counts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost