Slacking

 It's my week off and I'm down to a single queued post in either blog.

Time to rectify that while I continue to slack off and avoid doing the responsible adult things I should actually be doing rather than this.


Empty Hearts (1986)


I  don't really know what to say about this one. When I first moved here way back in the day one of my roommates and his friend were sort of obsessed with this band called the Widgets. I found this odd since they were otherwise very punk rock oriented listeners. They got Nirvana's "Bleach" when it came out and played it over and over again on repeat until I couldn't stand to hear it ever again.

But this pop rock confection was a band that they'd bubble over about and rush to see at the Uptown Bar and Grill as often as they played there.

Life is funny that way.

It's also one of those records that's obscure enough that there isn't a decent jpeg of the cover to be found on the interwebs. That's something that is truly few and far between.

This one goes out to you, Tony, wherever you ended up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost