We're Moved.

 

It's last week. Everything is here. There's little room to move around because of all the boxes that are yet unpacked. But we're all here and I'm on vacation.
For the moment at least it feels a lot more like we're on a trip and staying at somebody's really crowded Airbnb except that we didn't leave the city and brought all of our stuff and the cat with us. We're adjusting to a new neighborhood. Having a neighbor across the hall. (We went from a duplex to a fourplex) Having to find a different Chinese place. A new pizza place. The general quiet of the new digs. (Old place was on a major bus line and under a main flight path to the airport. There were times you couldn't hear the TV from six feet away.) And having my sleep schedule be all kinds of fucked up.
We got movers for the big stuff, but I moved a bunch in the car. There was a huge heatwave so doing that late at night was the only comfortable time of day. 

Then with everything else my sleeping schedule has shifted around eight hours later. 


So now I'm awake at about midnight. Had a cup of coffee. The cat is snacking away in the kitchen. A fan is blowing in some cool night air.

The big thing is that with this little follow up post the two blogs are essentially synced and I have to start coordinating things better and reconsider starting the third one.

I don't know. I just want to get some more boxes emptied so I have free movement in the kitchen so I can start cooking there and organize the closet so I can hang up my shirts.

Here's the sophomore and as far as I am aware the final effort by the Small Cities...


With Fire (2012)


I haven't spent as much time with this one, but so far nothing has quite hit me like "Trust Me, I'm Not a Stalker" on the debut Elongated Player. But most of my listening has been the occasional song that's come up via random play in the car on the way to or from work. Not exactly a prime listening situation, but my reality. Sophomore slump or jaded ears. It's one or the other. You can make your own decisions like a big boy.

For my part, I almost forgot about posting this. I hadn't moved a copy into the SSCMN folder. It was the aforementioned song that came up on random play while emptying boxes that reminded me about it. So here we are.

Two members would reappear a couple years after this with a contemporary Gospel group. I'm probably gonna pass on that one.

In the meantime here's the other disc.
Enjoy it. Live it. Be it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost