Related to the Last Post

 The leftover Chinese is eaten.

Big Hits of Mid-America Volume Three (1979)


This has the two other released tracks by NNB which was the subject of the previous post.

It also functions as a good intro to the Sound of Young Minneapolis in the late 70s just preceding the arrival of Hüsker Dü and the ascendance of Prince.
If you watched the Jay's Longhorn documentary like I suggested then you have an idea of what this is.

Or maybe if you're already for some inexplicable reason following a Minnesota based blog it's because you were there to begin with.

I wasn't but I collect records so you don't have to.

They're really heavy when you have to move.

tracklist

Comments

  1. Just discovered both of your sites .... Having a great time downloading. Wish they were FLAC but just the fact that you've ripped many indie singles from the 7os / 80s that I had (Shane Champagne Band, Chinas Comidas, etc) is incredible. You're also turning me onto bands I heard of but never owned the singles / Lps as well as those didn't know of (The Blue Things [amazing].

    I have a soft spot in my heart for Minneapolis because my band (The Fast) did play there at Jay's Longhorn and the crowd there was one of the best I got to perform to. Sold my Dan Electro "Longhorn" bass to a guy while I was there.

    Numero Group should set you up as their ace compiler because you definitely have your finger on the pulse of the punk / new wave indie scene. ...Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just post what I have and what I think needs to be heard or reconsidered. Nobody's really gone into any depth with the weird Indie New Wave stuff as far as reissues go which is a shame because there's a ton of cool things out there. I'm starting to get price out of a lot of it now though. (at least as far as what I'm willing to fork over for it anyway)

    (Which reminds me, I thought I'd posted the Car Crash single already. Now I have to find those files.)

    It's gonna be a little bit before I'm caught up enough to get back to the main singles boxes though where more of that 70s/80s stuff resides. The last couple of years I've been binging on late 80s to 2000s indiepop on top of the local stuff for here. Have a big box of recent arrivals going back almost a year that need attention....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost