One Off

 

Between both blogs I've set ten posts into the queue with it set to go out over the next couple of weeks until I'm off again and look to see if anybody's paying attention.

But I'm really kind of done with doing this after several hours.
I want to do other stuff for a while.

But I did want to throw one more into the pot just because.

It just took an extra minute to find the right one off release so I wouldn't feel like I had to keep going to queue up an entire discography.

I'm committed but essentially kind of lazy at the same time.


 

Halfway Around the World (2000)


I guess, I didn't scan this one myself. No matter.

This is another sort of mystery band. They existed in an alternate musical world than the one I was in at the time this came out. I'm not sure I'd have liked it then. I'm not sure if I like it now.

It's some soulful pop rock that runs a weird gauntlet between the kind of indiepop that I really do like an the sort of MOR/Cities 97 kind that I absolutely don't. It's like they're in a perfect balance between the two and I'm like the kid standing between divorcing parents. It's kind of maddening.

But it is a nice one off compact disc with no others to clutter up my queue.

They also apparently did a 21st Anniversary show in which two members performed the entire album as a duo just a couple of months ago. Who knew?


But anyway.

I'm done for the night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost