Béchamel

 There's only a couple of posts in the queue so I guess it's time to throw a few into the mix so I can ignore it for a couple of weeks again.

I'm making mac and cheese. 

I can't use one of those nasty boxes though. Powdered cheese skeeves me out.

I make a béchamel and then throw in a bunch of cheese. It's great stuff.
The problem is that were bake it, the leftovers would be dry and crusty after the pasta sucked up all the delicious juice. So I keep the two separate and only put them together when I'm ready to eat them.
I'm considering doing up a smaller baking dish tonight so I can run it under the broiler and get a little panko crust on top for tonight.

Which leads into this set of posts because béchamel is made with Milk.

 

Ear (1993)


Milk. They were. They aren't.

There's not much of a digital footprint left of them that I could find with anything particularly pertinent. Partly because they existed in the pre-internet days and were done before they could make a Myspace page to languish unvisited for the last twenty years. But mostly because they named themselves Milk which is tough google search for anything not dairy related.

I gave it a full five minutes and came up virtually empty.

The music's good though. Early 90s indie rock but a cut above the average stuff churned out locally. Released on Spanish Fly Records which was founded by the ever fabulous Lori Barbero from Babes in Toyland, Jeremy Grosser from the above band, Milk and Tom Duclos who plays guitar in the majesty that is known as Dumpster Juice.

There you go.
Assuage your winter blahs with warm Milk.



Comments

  1. My wife is the queen of big-ass baked mac and cheese. She uses two different noodles, and cooks them until they're very al dente, so that they soften to their perfect texture when she adds her witches brew of a bechamel sauce. And when it's done, she lets it sit for 15 minutes or so. Then we carve out big slabs and liberally coat them with Tabasco.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost