For Convenience Sake

 

I suppose I should work on finishing up the tikka masala since that's the oldest thing in the fridge.

I finished Borderlands 3 the other day.

Not sure what to do with myself...



 Beat Is Murder - Cockfights & Cakefights 1992-1996 (2003)


Minneapolis' favorite Beat Group's output compiled lovingly and conveniently onto a single compact disc for a sweet one stop shop.

Keith Patterson, he of the ever present greek fisherman's hat has been plowing this particular furrow since the late 80s in multiple 60s inspired band. He's kind of the Twin Cities version of Mono Man from Boston's the Lyres, only for European Freakbeat stuff.

I remember leaving my job by Loring Park one early evening back in the 90's when they used to show Movies in the Park with a band on Tuesdays during the summer and hearing somebody putting down a Monk's cover and wandering over to see what that was all about.

I dug it.

Select covers and like minded originals in glorious high fidelity sound. What's not to love?

Besides where else are you gonna come across a quartet of covers of Iceland's own Thors Hammer today?

I'm just asking questions.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost