Here's Where I Came In

 Making a queue.

I still haven't decided what to do for original flavor SSC.
Going to plug away here with these Chuck Miller posts.

It's too good to stop now.


Fit (2003)


A couple of decades back we had a band. We were still pretty fresh as a band, but we had some stuff that needed to be recorded and documented and maybe put onto an Ep that we could use to see if we could get gigs with and trade with other bands.

We ended up going to local maestro Mike Wisti's Albatross Studio in the basement of his house. Before we actually booked we talked dates and made arrangements with Mike and he gave me a copy of his yearly "best of" of recordings he'd done the previous year. (I'll post that at some point. There's some really interesting things on there that never got a proper release)

For me the standout track was "Misunderstanding" by Milhaus.
That was my personal introduction to the world of Chuck Miller.

It was the only thing on there that I immediately went out of my way to hunt down. 

I played the living shit out of it.

It's one album I'd certainly label as a lost classic, local or otherwise.
Every song a winner.

It's even more stripped down than Ten Ton Bridge as a three piece, but with some sweet harmony vocals.

I don't know if they just didn't play out much at the time, had already broken up or if I was just that lost up my own musical ass to pay attention. But I never got to see them. Though I suspect that my day job made it very hard to stay out late on a weekday. That shit gets harder and harder the deeper into your thirties you go.

If you're going to check out one of these posts, might I suggest this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost