I'm Cooking

So it's been my week off work and I have accomplished a bunch 

and then again not a fucking thing.

I mean, I've been doing things other than worrying about this space so I'm scrambling here to get some things in the queue before I disappoint the dozen or so people who thumb through this mess monthly.

Meanwhile, I'm also hustling to get some food ready for the coming work week where I'll do nothing but work and sleep for four days in a row. So I've got some kind of Jamaican style pork and sweet potato stew on the stove simmering away.

(I won't even pretend it's an accurate representation of the dish, but it's a synthesis of a few different versions into a (hopefully) delicious Frankenstein of a meal)


 Peachfuzz (1995)


This band is Peachfuzz and this is their first album.

It seems to be the project of one Andrew Chojnacki and starts in Minneapolis before shifting to California. The alleged Peachfuzz website listed on Discogs comes up with a security warning, so I won't link that shit. But after spending more time than I wanted to found their Bandcamp which seems to currently emanate out of Austin, Texas.

 The name Andrew Chojnacki does come up with an IMDB hit though with a pretty decent list of credits for a guy working as a Grip on quite a few projects. As I don't imagine there are a lot of people with that particular name, I'm going to assume it's the same person and appreciate that even if his rock and roll dreams never quite materialized he got work in Hollywood at least up to around 2012.

I mean, this is only the first of half a dozen albums he's done. 

And currently the only one I have.

Who knows what else there is to discover.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Stuff That Gets Lost